Founded on the need for rebuilding relief efforts following the 2015 devastation of the Gorkha earthquake in Nepal,
Trek Relief was originally a personal fundraising campaign that inspired over 40 people to raise funds, volunteer their time to rebuild broken homes, and embark on their first-ever teahouse trek in the Himalayas.
In just over 6 months, $50,000 was collectively raised to provide disaster relief.
Encouraged by great feedback, our vision for the tremendous potential of this fundraising model quickly evolved into a nonprofit organization that provides a beautiful framework for voluntourism and much-needed relief to remote parts of the world.
. . .
TO BRING ADVENTURE TRAVELERS AND GLOBAL COMMUNITIES TOGETHER TO COLLABORATE ON MEANINGFUL SERVICE PROJECTS FOR MUTUAL BENEFIT
TO DESIGN TRANSFORMATIVE OUTDOOR EXCURSIONS THAT EMPOWER INDIVIDUALS AND UPLIFT COMMUNITIES
How to Get Involved
+ DONATE: No amount is too little; every dollar goes a long way.
1. You can donate to support a specific fundraiser, a specific campaign, or the organization as a whole.
2. Want to go on a trip? You can earn a spot on one of our volunteer programs by donating the minimum contribution goal!
+ FUNDRAISE: Easily create a campaign to raise funds and earn a trip!
1. We provide an easy and effective platform for anyone to start their own fundraising campaign for our causes.
2. Harness the power of social media & email to spread the message. Your family, friends, and colleagues will want to support you! Ideas: utilize your company match policy; create a fundraising team with your friends; launch a birthday fundraiser to receive gift donations; etc.
3. When you reach the fundraising goal, you earn a trip!
Where Funds Go
+ COMMUNITY DONATIONS: Your charitable contribution goes toward thoughtfully designed projects that are created in collaboration with local leaders, communities, and partner organizations to create sustainable solutions.
+ TRIP EXPENSES: We stand firmly behind giving fair wages and conscientiously employing local services that support the developing economy. Your funds are providing employment to guides, porters, lodge owners, drivers, and cooks. Rest assured that the allocation of your trip funds have been pre-screened for the best local impact!
+ ADMINISTRATIVE COSTS: 10% of the minimum contribution goes toward Trek Relief's administrative costs, such as website and filing fees.
Trek Relief is a 501(c)3 nonprofit public benefit corporation as of April 18, 2018.
All contributions made to Trek Relief (excluding trip expenses) are tax deductible.